My name is Cindy and I moved to St Croix in December of 2001 as the VP of Caribbean operations of a start-up travel company IslandQuest Vacations. But my St Croix story really begins on my birthday in June earlier that year. That’s the day that I landed here on a scouting trip, truly fell in love with the island, and made the decision to move to St Croix. Yes, I decided in less than 24-hours that I would move here. It was fate. And the love affair has only grown since then.
I’ve always been a lover of all things ocean-related and tropical. I have always been a beach bum. My favorite color has always been Caribbean Blue. As a child I thought it would be the best thing in the world to get stranded on a tropical island like Gilligan and his friends. I made that dream a reality when I moved to St Croix in 2001 and since then…
- I’ve slung drinks as a bartender, waited tables and spent countless hours over leisurely meals at some of the best restaurants here on St Croix
- I’ve celebrated at local events and fallen in love with Quelbe – the joyful folk music of the Virgin Islands – and the beautiful people of the islands
- I’ve spent weekends as a crew member and snorkel guide taking tourists to Buck Island
- I’ve learned to SCUBA dive and become a PADI-certified Lionfish Hunter
- I’ve used my fancy Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science to work on sea turtle and conservation projects
- I’ve volunteered with a local low-cost spay/neuter program to combat our island’s companion animal over population crisis
- I’ve planned over 200 Destination Weddings and Corporate Events with my award-winning business www.SunCelebrations.com
Working with off-island clients for over 10 years and answering their questions about St Croix, offering advice on where to stay, what to do and where to eat led me to develop www.My-StCroix.com. It’s here that I can share my love for our little island in the sun with everyone.
Join me as I explore the island, attend local events, hit the hottest restaurants and share with you all the best parts of My St Croix … then join me on St Croix, so you can
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-949-9559
My-StCroix.com is a content driven Travel Guide celebrating the people, culture, adventures, and incredibly good food found on St Croix in the United States Virgin Islands. We provide hand-selected listings and reviews for places to stay, things to do, places to play and local St Croix events. The My St Croix Travel Guide is enhanced with blog reviews of tours, points of interest, local events and St Croix happenings, and other interest pieces related to the island. If you’d like to support what we do – Advertise with Us!
Special thanks to my amazing friend and awesome photographer www.KellyGreerPhotographer.com for the image above.