You won’t find any hi-rise hotels or overly commercialized areas here. Nope, St Croix is known for being quaint and cozy and we are darn proud of it! What dominates our skyline are beautiful, green, rolling hills and breath-taking Caribbean sunsets. There are several good-sized resorts and many small boutique-style hotels. You’ll find beachside or downtown depending upon your liking. Or, if you want to experience the island Swiss Family Robinson-style, we have a few great eco-lodges that specialize in green travel. We also have many gorgeous and surprisingly affordable private villas for rent. Take your pick – there’s something for everyone and every budget.
King Christian Hotel
The recently renovated King Christian Hotel is located directly on the waterfront of Christiansted harbor in the historic, colonial Danish town of Christiansted. This recently renovated property is quickly becoming "the" place to stay on St Croix. The King Christian Hotel features comfortable rooms just steps from the scuba diving boats and Buck Island snorkel charters and a beautiful fresh-water pool in the private courtyard.
Onsite restaurants and bars include:
- The Peacock Room wine bar is located on the main level of the hotel at check-in. Open seven days a week featuring a curated selection of wine.
- St Croix's only Tiki bar, Breaker's Roar
- The Beverly Hills Hotel-inspired breakfast and lunch spot, Caroline's Breakfast
- Virgin Islands Coffee Roasters featuring their own roasted beans. A favorite local coffee shop hangout with free wifi.
- Cream & Co hand-crafted ice cream featuring gourmet flavors with a local flare
- El Leon contemporary Mexican Restaurant with an upscale flair. Located on the boardwalk with views of the harbor